Thursday, November 25, 2010

DECEMBER IS CHRISTMAS ADVENT MONTH

The Christmas Advent Basket is a tradition that started 6 years ago in our family. It was born from the idea that it would be fun to unwrap a numbered item everyday until Christmas. Of course, the items I used were not brand new, but Christmas movies and stories that we had on hand. I even wrapped library books, taking into account return dates, when it first started because I didn't have 24 Christmas items to make it till Christmas.
Journaling reads:
Late November I gather up all our Christmas storybooks and movies, treats and a few new surprises. I wrap them all up and give them each a number for the countdown to Christmas in December. It is one of our favourite Christmas traditions. 2005
.
Over the years the ideas have evolved as my daughter as grown up and now instead of a an advent basket of favorite Christmas books and movies, we have daily advent deliveries into a little mailbox we set up outside her bedroom door. Each day of the week has it's own theme and we try to utilize the advent mail system as a tool to keep us active and engaged in Christmas activities that have meaning. I hope by sharing some of our ideas on this little blog, maybe an idea or two will be usable in your own life with those you love.

Cheers!
Nikki

1 comment:

  1. The adventing ideas is so cool, yet I think my kids are at the storybook stage and I love this ideas so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by!